Nov. 29, 2012
Assemblies Update, Week of Nov. 26
The following are brief reports from the Student Assembly (SA), Graduate and Professional Student Assembly (GPSA), Employee Assembly (EA) and University Assembly (UA). For more information, visithttp://assembly.cornell.edu/.
- GPSA: Nov. 26. Conversation with President David Skorton and Vice President for Student and Academic Services Susan Murphy. Passed Resolution 11, "Calling Upon the US Congress to Support Higher Education Funding" and discussed Resolution 12, "Amend the GPSA Charter to Ensure Representation of Students at Cornell NYC Tech and Geneva Campuses."
- UA: Nov. 27. Conversation with KyuJung Whang, vice president for facilities services, regarding campus lighting and safety. Presentation by Ulysses Smith '14, Student Assembly representative, regarding Student Assembly Diversity Plan.
- SA: Nov. 29. Presentation and Q-and-A session by Skorton. Resolutions urging mandatory sexual-assault and rape education during orientation, the approval of elections rules, and the expansion of the availability of the Students Helping Students Fund.
- EA: Dec. 5, 12:15 p.m., 401 Physical Sciences. Conversation with Lynette Chappell-Williams, associate vice president for inclusion and workforce diversity, on "Toward New Destinations: Institutional Diversity Planning."
- GPSA: Jan. 21, 5:30 p.m., Bache Auditorium, Malott Hall. Vote on Resolution 12.
- SA: Jan. 24, 4:45 p.m., Memorial Room, Willard Straight Hall.
- UA: Jan. 29, 4:30 p.m., 401 Physical Sciences.