Oct. 24, 2013
Assemblies Update, Week of Oct. 21
Following are brief reports from the Student Assembly (SA), Graduate and Professional Student Assembly (GPSA), Employee Assembly (EA) and University Assembly (UA). For more information, including meeting agendas, minutes and audio recordings, visit http://assembly.cornell.edu.
- SA: Oct.17. Funding for Cornell Cinema, class councils and alternative breaks was approved. SAFC decision on Federal Reserve Challenge Club funding was approved. R.13: public relations plan was tabled until the Oct. 24 meeting. R.10: creation of university student court (charter changes), R.11: creation of university student court (bylaws change) and R.12: adoption of university student court bylaws were passed.
- GPSA: Oct. 21. Information was shared on two new programs offered by the Office of Graduate Student Life. The Programming Board discussed the “Zombie Lurch” to be held Oct. 30. The Diversity and International Students Committee discussed the Oct. 24 trustee meeting and the annual Latino Renaissance Ball. Presentations by Anne Poduska, graduate and international student career adviser, and Jan Allen, associate dean for academic and student affairs. Discussion on R.3: need for systematic, in-depth and longitudinal data about mental health was tabled until the next meeting.
- SA: Oct. 31, 4:45 p.m., Memorial Room, Willard Straight Hall
- GPSA: Nov. 4, 5:30 p.m., Bache Auditorium, Malott Hall
- EA: Nov. 6, 12:15 p.m., 401 Physical Sciences
- UA: Nov. 12, 4:30 p.m., 401 Physical Sciences